Your shopping cart is empty!
Sagar World is the brand name for various companies founded by the heirs of Late Dr. Ramanand Sagar i.e. Mr. Prem Sagar (Son) and Mr. Shiv Sagar (Grandson). Sagar World draws inspiration from the mother brand name of Sagar, which has been synonymous with Mythological, Fantasy and Historic television programming in India. Sagar World Multimedia as the name suggests has business interests in Film and Television Production, Theme Parks, Cinema Halls, Online Portals, Museums, Theme Hotels, Entertainment Centres, Themed Restaurants, Cultural Centres etc.
Sagarworld.com is a portal belonging to Sagar World Multimedia Pvt Ltd. The website is a comprehensive and interactive site on Indian culture, history and religion where people interested in this subject learn, interact, play, ask questions, blog, read, study, watch videos, purchase merchandize all related to the theme of Hindu Mythology, Hindu Scriptures, History, Ayurveda, Yoga, Healing, Spiritualism, Occult, Rituals, Esoteric, Jyotish or Astrology and the innumerous other streams connected with India’s ancient culture and history. There is a Shopping Cart and a blog that is regularly updated.
Our historians, researchers and curators bring to you handpicked, top-quality merchandize which are unique, difficult to source and creative. We market only products that are innovate, cool and creatively designed either by our suppliers or us. So everything from T-shirts, to Pooja Kits to Indus Valley civilization Memorabilia to Holy waters of the Ganges and other sacred Rivers of India to Yoga Mats.
We have it all but with a twist. Our endeavor is making spirituality cool and usable/functional versus it putting further restrictions on your lifestyle.
We connect the mythological stories and the characters from therein to create funky posters, dolls, souvenirs, games etc. At the same time understanding that these characters have been given the status of god in India, and thereby not treating them as super-heroes.
We travel all over India and bring to you unique gifts, souvenirs, home furnishing, lifestyle products that you could use in your daily life or present to a dear one.
A biography sketch on the life of Late Dr. Ramanand Sagar which will be released in December 2017 – on the 100 year centenary of the late film maker, writer and producer. (He was born in 1917). Prem Sagar is writing these memoirs after extensive research and original interview of Late Sagar Saab.
Digital Shows for various Internet platforms.
In the pipeline are some historical and mythological shows for GEC (General Entertainment Channels) in India.
Chain of Sagar World 3-D theatres in various centres of pilgrimages.
The brainchild of Dr. Ramanand Sagar, Sagar Arts was created in the year 1950. The Sagar group has produced over 25 motion pictures till date which have remained evergreen hits in the annals of Indian cinema. Sagar Arts ventured into television production and created some of the most enjoyable programs in Indian television.
Arguably the most equipped television house in the country, with the awe inspiring Ramayan, the Sagars entered the collective consciousness of the nation forever and produced on air over 3,000 hours of the most amazing gigantic spectacles ever witnessed on television.
Some of the serials include the legendary hit Shri Krishna, Alif Laila, Vikram aur Betaal and Jai Ganga Maiya among others.
Ramayan was the first mythological serial on Indian television that created this whole new genre of mythological serials. As per BBC figures, Ramayan has been viewed by over 650 million people worldwide of which, 40 million viewers regularly watched it on its first telecast. It set a Limca Record for the “World’s Most Viewed Mythological Serial”. Shri Krishna also generated magnificent ratings- topping the television rating charts for over 120 weeks as the number one rated program. It created advertising history by being the highest revenue earner for Doordarshan by earning almost One Billion rupees as advertising revenue. Arabian Nights a collection of the world’s greatest tales like Aladdin, Alibaba and the forty thieves, Sindabad the sailor etc, was another well received serial and was successfully telecast overseas.
The Sagar Group of companies are continuing to live up to their heritage and inheritance with shows for satellite television like Hotel Kingston, Arslaan, Hatim, Gurukul, Lucky, Hello Dollie, Prithviraj Chauhan, Sai Baba, Ramayan (new version on NDTV Imagine), Mahima Shani Dev Ki, Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi, a period love story, Chandragupta Maurya , to the latest being Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali.
Prem Sagar is the Son of Late Dr. Ramanand Sagar. He was the marketing director of Sagar Arts for 30 years. The following is his body of work -
• Technical advisor and also the Marketing Director for ‘Ramayan’ the blockbuster in the history of Indian T.V.
• Very first motion picture ‘Lalkar’ won him numerous awards .
• Bagged over 15 awards for photography of ‘Jalte Badan’, ‘Charas’, ‘Ram Bharose ‘ etc.
• Won over 20 awards all India for TV serials.
• Amongst: Indian Television Academy’s-100 TV Personalities - who created history in the broadcast medium.
• Has also received the honour of being an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain (ARPS) as well as the honour of Artiste Federation Internationale de l’Arts Photographique – Paris .
• Has received International Recognition winning the UNESCO Award in Tokyo instituted by Asian Cultural Centre Silver Medal at Oregon State Fair USA and two Bronze Medals at Santiago Chile.
• Won the Gold Medal for best academic student and also received Silver Medal for best photographed film at FTII-Pune.
• Member: Selection board Union Public service Commission of India.
• Lecturer, Examiner & in the Governing Council at FTII.
• Board of Patrons – Lux Zee Cine Awards.
• 3 Life Time Achievement awards.
• Part of the Jury of Apsara, Screen and Film fare awards.
Shiv Sagar is the son of Prem Sagar. He has been involved as a creative producer in shows like Mahima Shani Dev Ki and Jai Jai Jai Bajrang Bali. He is an MBA From Indian School of Business.
• Gold Medalist/Summa Cum Laude in BSc. Hospitality Management from Les Roches, Switzerland, one of the finest hotel schools in the world.
• MBA from Indian School of Business, Hyderabad which is collaboration of Kellogg, Wharton Business schools and the London School of Business.
• Short Film, “The End” at NYFA (New York Film Academy) won the best short film in New Zealand Short Film Festival (2012) and The prestigious Dada Saheb Falke Award (2012).
• Creative Producer in Show Jai Bajrang Bali which ran for 800 episodes..
• Creative Producer in Show “Mahima Shani Dev Ki” which ran for four years.
• Directed a 3-D Film “Arasuri Maa Ambe” for the Gujarat Government in which Shri Amitabh Bachchan gave his Voice Over.
• Produced a light hearted mythological television show for Big Magic Channel called “Narayan Narayan” based on the life of “Narad Muni”.