Avneesh Kumar, a photographer with the spirit of a painter, loves to tell stories with pictures. Whether it is exquisite people photography, insightful documentary shoots or refreshing product photography, his poignant images have a strong narrative threading.
While behind the lenses, he doesn’t look for something different. He tries to find graphical equivalents of emotions and phases of life…in lights and shadows, in blacks and whites.
Born in Lucknow on 16th of October 1983, he completed Bachelor of Fine Arts (Applied Arts) with Gold Medal from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. It was during his university days,he learnt the art of suspending life on a piece of paper. Under the tutelage of (late)Mr. P.C. Little, former Director National Academy of Fine Arts New Delhi Regional Centre, he explored photography and dark room techniques.
He has been honoured with various awards and scholarships, few of which are listed below :
- IIIrd All India Art Award 2010 for photography, by Art Mall, New Delhi.
- Technex-08 for photography by IIT, BHU, Varanasi.
- Kuwar Shukdeo Singh Memorial Photography Award 2005
- Merit scholarship 2008 from Faculty of Visual Arts, BHU.
- Merit scholarship 2007 from Faculty of Visual Arts, BHU.
- Merit scholarship 2006 from Faculty of Visual Arts, BHU.
- Financial aid awarded for Painting Exhibition, 2005 from State Lalit Kala Akademi, Lucknow.
He has many solo and group exhibitions under his name. These are the few out of many such exhibitions - :
- “THE LIGHT COMES THRU” a photography exhibition in 2010 at Rafaael’s Art Gallery, New Delhi.
- “UNLOCKING THE TEXTURED TERRAIN” a photography exhibition in 2007 at State Lalit Kala Akademi, Lucknow.
- “NIRVANA” a group exhibition in 2013 at Kavya Gallery, New delhi.
“There is a live pulsation like an unsaid emotion behind every seemingly dormant element, an untold story revealing the potential in the beauty of the nature. The world, being a god’s creation, has a mystery in its every fragment. Every color, shade, minuscule bump or depression and its character waiting to be brought alive to brings out its soul and connection of human to nature, and I try to do the same with the divine powers & the close connection of nature with me. “ - Avneesh Kumar